Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Add one more

So, last night was yet another date that didn't quite work out. I met this girl a while back. I was actually at a friend's birthday dinner, and when we were waiting for a table, he bumped into a girl he had met once, who was also waiting for a table. She and I started talking, and we hit it off pretty well. We agreed to meet up some other time, but it was difficult to connect for about the last month. I pretty much wrote it off, when all of a sudden she texts me. We go back and forth for a while, and finally agreed to meet up this week.

I meet her for a drink and it seems on. I'm getting good eye contact off the bat, and kinoing plenty. Conversation was great - this girl is really cool (and pretty good looking too). We have some food, and then get free ice cream at JP Licks. Then we walk back to her front door to finish the ice cream. We stand around on her doorstop for a while, talking and eating ice cream. I should have manned up and gone in for the kiss, but for some reason I didn't. I think there is a decent chance that I get another shot, but I really need to push the interaction further. She didn't invite me in, but I got the sense that she wanted more.

For some reason, I have been afraid to kiss girls during dates recently. I need to get over it. The worst thing that could happen is that I get rejected. Most girls are ok with hanging out with guys who like them, so it probably won't even ruin the interaction.

No comments: