Monday, October 13, 2008

Going Solo

So, tonight, I went out solo for the first time in quite a while. After going to a street fair today, I was sort of tired (I have been trying to catch up on sleep). I took a nap, and didn't wake up until about midnight. I figured that the night was shot, but there are a few bars right near me, so I figured that I would make a circuit and check things out.

Well, the first bar was dead, but the second one had some people in it. It was empty enough to make me self-conscious - everyone seemed to be in a group. I went in, and resolved that I was going to stay for at least half an hour, come hell or high water. Even if I just stood there looking like a chode, that was ok. I bought a beer, and sat down on a couch. I chatted a bit with the guy sitting next to me, and then to his girlfriend when she sat down.

Then I got adventuresome - I decided to go into the other room. I talked a bit to the people who were watching Rock Band and Big Buck Hunter (turned out that the girls were unconnected to the guys). Chatted with and kinoed the cutest girl, and got some back from her in return. I should probably have plowed a bit harder - she clearly wanted some. After a while, they shut off the video games, so I went back to the main room. Hung out for a little while, and then split.

Mission accomplished. That really wasn't so bad. If I keep going out, I think that I will get comfortable with being out alone.

No comments: