Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What I'm Working on Right Now

I have a lot of Sticking Points - I could list them all, but I've already done that on other forums. It is hard to focus on more than a few things at once - Sinn recommended that I take three and run with them. Here are the ones that I'm committing to work on right now (as soon as I fix these, there are plenty more):

Running Out of Shit to Say
I'm surprised that this is still a sticking point, but I guess that I've never addressed it. Still running out of stuff to say for my first few sets. I have noticed that, if my first set hooks, I tend to blank somewhere, and the set fizzles. Once I get warmed up and in state, this isn't an issue. Using canned material in the beginning of the set helps. Every time that I go out, I'm going to have a stack of material to run. As soon as I feel like the set is hooked, I can transition off the material.

Ejecting on First IOD
Again, this is a newbie mistake that I'm still making. Well, it's time to fix that. A set can be going great for 15 or 20 minutes, but as soon as the girl temporarily ignores me or is distracted by a friend, I tend to eject. I also don't tend to reopen if girls leave for a legitimate reason (and seem genuinely interested in talking to me again). So here are the rules from now on:
1) No ejecting allowed for any reason. The only way a set can end is if the girls leave or are actively ignoring me. If I'm in a set, and it ends, I have to stand around like a chode for ten minutes.
2) If a girl leaves for a seemingly legit reason, I need to reopen and lock in within 15 minutes. If they are cold, I need to stay in there and plow.

Locking In
Within a minute of the time I enter a set, I need to be locked in. Even if this requires me to move people, I will do it. Not completely sure what to do when I open a seated set at the bar, but I guess that I can make them let me in to lean against the bar.

Enforcement/Followup
I'm always going to keep a list of sticking points with me. In my FRs and Journal Entries, I'm going to keep track of the SPs I worked on.

No comments: