Sunday, May 10, 2009

Last Night == Fail

Alright. I didn't do exactly what I wanted to do last night. Here's a rundown:

1) Got to the bar early. Opened a (safe) two-set. Turns out that they both had wedding rings on. Talked to them for a while until they left. Sometimes it is hard for me to tell whether girls have an honest excuse or are just ditching me. In any case, nothing was going to happen there. Didn't go for the number, because that would have been sketchy.

2) Opened a 3-set. They were in the middle of something, and told me to come back in a few minutes. I talked to them for a minute before I left, and they were pretty friendly. Didn't reopen, although I should have.

3) Opened a 2-set. They worked at the hotel where the bar was. I kind of liked one of the girls, but didn't go for the number (that's where the fail came from). After a while, they left to smoke.

4) My wing started talking to a girl at the bar, and she enlisted him to carry drinks back to her friends. She also liked him. I came over, and started talking to the friend, who was cute, but she wasn't having any of me. She pulled the other girl away after a few minutes. We were left with a third friend. I left, my wing stayed in for a while and talked to the third girl.

We bounced to a different neighborhood, and a different bar.

5) I opened a seated group because the guy was wearing a Trogdor the Burninator shirt. It didn't really hook, although I plowed for a few minutes.

6) I opened a standing two-set. We talked for a little while, but I wasn't really getting much in terms of attraction, and wasn't all that into them. I ejected. This was funny because two guys from school were standing right there, and saw me approach. They asked me about it later.

So there was about one set here where I should have gone for the number, and didn't. It didn't seem solid, but I'm a pussy about that sort of thing.

Being Direct
I think that I'm going to try a new exercise. Basically, it is to force myself to not be a pussy. When I get a girl into isolation, I'll say something along the lines of "I know this is direct, but would you like to go home with me tonight?" Hopefully doing this a lot will free me from being a pussy.

1 comment:

Pure Win said...

Regarding 4:
a) That girl liked me, but I don't think she LIKED me, knowwhamsayn? She was married anyway. Either way,
b) Her friend was clearly out to make sure nobody had a good time, least of all you and I. It definitely wasn't you.

My night was pretty much fail too. :)