Monday, May 25, 2009

Post 100

I just went through my phone and cleaned out my flakes. There were probably 40 numbers in there who are either flakes or girls who I don't talk to any more. Some of these are nearly a year old. There is something cathartic about clearing out your phone - it is worth doing every once in a while. Sure it makes sense to keep old numbers for a while, but not forever. In my case, I'm moving to the Bay Area in three days, so it probably doesn't make sense to keep my old numbers from Boston. Not sure when I'll be back here.

In other news, I'm moving to the Bay Area in about three days. I'm not sure whether I'll go out again here. Went out Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Friday and Saturday were pretty good, but Sunday was blowout after blowout. We went to a loud dance club, and I hadn't done club game in quite a while. Plus it was super-packed, and there was nowhere to lock in. Overall, sort of a clusterfuck, but it's good to have nights like that every once in a while. Keeps you real, and shows you how much you still have to work on. I think that the other trick is to start opening right away. There was about an hour between the time the place opened and when the music got loud, and we pretty much choded out and talked for that time. Perfect opportunity to talk to a bunch of groups. I still don't do well when I can't talk - probably never will. That's ok - I just need to be mindful of my weaknesses so that I can work around them.

No comments: