Friday, May 1, 2009

Rededication

Wow. Every time I log in, it has been longer and longer since my last post. I have even been going out less lately (I was down to probably once a week for about a month). I've had some major stuff happen on other fronts of my life - I actually feel like I'm getting closer to where I want to be. I have had less time to go out, but this is ridiculous.

Recently, I gave myself an ultimatum. This is high priority. If I don't work on it consistently, I won't get any better. I'll have the 60-75% solution, but not the grand prize. I want to get this area of my life handled, and get the results that I want. That doesn't come by being lazy - it comes through consistent hard work. I've worked at this too hard and long (and gotten too close to real success) to give up now.

Last weekend, I forced myself to go out and open 20 sets. The first 5 sets were super-hard - I even had to give my wing $20 to pressure myself to approach. I was rusty as hell. But, by the end of the weekend, it had started coming back. I was opening and holding. I wasn't time bridging or pulling, but everything in due time.

Last night, I went out solo. I think I opened 5 sets.

The first one went pretty well - I think it lasted for almost an hour. The target was a professional violinist, and had really cool nerdy glasses (I love chicks with glasses). I didn't go for the number - stupid me.

The second set went ok. I opened a three-set, and after meeting the group I switched to the target. They actually left her alone for a while with me, but she got bored after maybe 15 minutes. I actually detected some fairly subtle vibe changes and subcommunications - I'm starting to be able to read people better. I probably wasn't escalating enough, and she lost interest.

I bounced, and opened three more. The venue was pretty loud, and I just wasn't high energy enough. Nothing really lasted all that long. I bumped into some guys from the lair and a friend from college who was pretty drunk.

I'm rededicating this blog, to Frame 2.0. This is the second major campaign, and I'm detecting that it's going to be good.

No comments: