Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day 14

I went out to Joshua Tree with Cafepuck and Absolute Beirut. We got there around 11 or so.

I decided to go with a new opener. "If you were Elliot Spitzer's wife, would you divorce him?"

For the first set, I opened a 3-set. I hadn't calibrated the opener that well, so I blew out pretty quickly. After a few minutes, they said that they would "come over and find me and my friends in a few minutes." Hadn't heard that one before.

The second was a piece of a larger group. I made the mistake of not opening more than one girl. I think that I also stayed on the opener for too long.

The third set was a 3-set. The opener didn't hit all of the girls, so only one was listening. That blew out pretty quickly as well.

There was a set that I can't really remember very well. I think that I opened with something else (one of them was wearing a Bruins jersey, so I asked her something about that)

I decided to go for something different at this point, so I opened a seated 3-set. This one went much better, and I even hooked in on the whole set. They were sitting at a table, and there was no way for me to sit down with them. We chatted for a while about that, and some other things that I don't remember (one of them was from Maryland as well, although a different part). They were about to leave, and I wasn't interested enough in any of the girls to try for the close.

Next I opened a two-set who were seated at the bar. They gave me some major shit about my opener, but I stayed in set and weathered the storm. I stuck in the set for at least 5-10 minutes, when their friends showed up. I got introduced to the friends, and stuck around for a little while before ejecting (prematurely).

We went to a different venue, a loud dance club. I went up to a set and was immediately blown out by a target "we're busy." I should have negged her and kept going, but for some reason I didn't. I put my tail between my legs and went back.

Cafepuck tried to show me dance floor game, but I didn't really get all that far with that.

When we were about to leave, I decided to open one more set, a seated 2-set. They turned out to know a lot about Eliot Spitzer's wife - that she went to Harvard Law and had a successful career before she quit in the mid 90s to support her husband. They were pretty cool, but both had rocks on.

I'll give myself 3 points for tonight.

No comments: