Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 17

Today was the St Patrick's Day parade in South Boston, so I went over and met up with some of the guys from the lair. By the time that I made it, Absolut_beirut had already met some girls at a bar and been invited to a house party.

On the T over, I opened a couple of sets (probably two points worth), although the details don't stick out too strongly in my mind. One girl was wearing green earphones, so I asked her whether she bought them for St Patrick's day. Turns out that green is her favorite color, and she

Fast Forward to the parade. AB and I spent some time opening random sets, and watching the parade. We were walking back to the house party when we bumped into ae82power and bravado. Their friends told us about some mythical six-kegger, and some allegedly hot girls who were coming. We spent quite some time waiting around for these alleged people, and then decided to try to find the party by ourselves. Ae82power went into a liquor store and picked up a 30-pack of bud light (turns out that the trick to getting into a house party is bringing lots of beer), and we got pulled into some random party by some guy that someone knew. A cute girl who was there had an old-school Canon SLR, so I chatted with her for a bit before I got pulled to another party by the guys. That party never materialized, so we went back. The girl bounced shortly after we got there - I never reengaged.

I opened another girl when I was waiting in line for the bathroom. We BSed for a while about where to live (she was actually negging me by calling me a Cambridge snob - I actually think she was into me). I tried to do the "we're married" role-play, which was fun. After a while, her friends pulled her upstairs to play beer pong, and shortly after that, we got kicked out. I should have gone for digits.

By that point, I was fairly drunk off of four Bud Lights. We went to the original house party, which was actually really packed (too bad we didn't go there when I was ). I was too drunk to game, and had to go home for a meeting (I sobered up in time).

Lessons learned:
- Don't game drunk. I knew that I'm useless when drunk, but this reinforced it. Liquid courage doesn't count, and it doesn't help you in other situations (like business, for example).
- Ask for the number. It should be automatic, kind of like approaching when I see a girl I want to talk to. My next 30-day challenge is going to revolve around number closes.

I'll score myself at four for the day.

No comments: