Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 7

Alright. 1 week. Went out daytime sarging with coldplayer in HS. I had never been out during the day with the intention of meeting girls, except to my local coffee shop. I had a bit of AA, so Coldplayer had to open a few sets before I got going.

I opened one set in a book store. I used a situational opener and asked her about the book she was reading (a history of fashion). We talked about it, and fashion in general. The girl seemed pretty receptive, and I probably could have continued much longer (she seemed into the interaction). I wasn't interested, so I ejected.

We went to another store, and I tried to open with a cute girl, but the interaction went nowhere (didn't hook). I apparently wasn't talking to her.

We walked by an ABP, and saw a cute girl sitting in the window reading a book. "You're totally opening that set," coldplayer told me. I was feeling a bit anxious, but agreed to go in, and direct at that.

I walked up to her and told her that she was beautiful, and struck up a conversation. She seemed pretty receptive, and we talked for a while. Turns out that she is in business school as well. After a while I ejected. Coldplayer made me go back and get her number, which she was happy to give me. I have this tendency to run a really good set and then eject without getting the number. I think that it has something to do with fear of rejection.

Lessons learned:

- One: going direct actually works.

I should try S&A some time - I can believe that it works if you do it right. Even though no one I know has been jumped as a result of it like the guys on the RSD board claim, I have heard of at least one # close that resulted from a S&A opener (and he didn't really talk to the girl much after that; he left, came back later, and then asked for her number).

- Two: go for the frigging number close. If you stay in set for more than five minutes, GO FOR THE NUMBER CLOSE!!! Got it?

No comments: