Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day 9

Went out with two groups of people. The first place I went was a bit more downscale, and I met up with ae82power, absolut_beirut, and mechanic. I realized that my goal was to begin opening sets faster (none of this waiting an hour and a half and forming a chode crystal), so I went out and opened.

My first set of the night was a mixed 3-set. I ran my pirates opener, but the target was majorly shit testing me. I told her that her friend was the rock star, she was the backup singer, and the guy was a groupie. She told me to come up with a better story. I told her that she was a regge singer, and asked her what kind of music she played. She was like, "reggae is already a kind of music." After a while I left - I should have stayed in longer, but wasn't used to dealing with shit like that, so I ejected.

The second set was a 2-set that absolut_beirut had tried to open and failed. I don't know if they noticed that we came from the same set, but they were really frigid towards me. I got through my opener today, but got pretty much no response. I asked them how they knew each other, but they were vague and didn't open up. I ejected pretty quickly.

Set three was another 2-set at the bar. They played along with the pirate opener, in fact too much (they kept throwing the frame back at me when I tried to start connecting with them). I realized that they weren't at all attractive, so I didn't pick a target or kino escalate. After a while I got blown out when they went to dance.

At this point, I realized that it was time to go meet Pinnacle and Shadowfox. Headed to the other venue, which was an upscale lounge in the middle of a hotel.

I was having major AA and didn't want to open any sets. Shadowfox told me to change my body language, and within a minute I opened my first set.

I went up to a standing two-set, and opened. They seemed ok (a Doctor and a Nurse). The opener went reasonably well, but I ran out of stuff to say after about 5 minutes and ejected.

My next set was a three-set. I went in and opened, and did a pretty decent job of isolating the target. She was opposite a little table from me, and I wasn't sure why I couldn't get closer to her. The set went on for a while, when I realized that the target was really familiar. Turns out that we had met before. I stayed in the set for quite a while. It kind of got disrupted because too many guys came in. I tried to move the target to get a chance to get closer to her, but it failed.

I saw a seated two-set in the corner. We didn't know whether they were with the two guys sitting all the way at the other end of the seating area, so I opened just for the heck of it.

After this, there weren't really any remaining sets to open. We waited around for a little while and then went out for pizza.

I'm going to be charitable here, and give myself three points (plus two for the sets I opened in the subway, and one for the one I opened in the coffee shop).

By my (somewhat generous) count, I'm at 16. Virtually 1/3 of the way there.

No comments: