Friday, August 22, 2008

Pushing Every Interaction to the Limit

Six Months
So, yesterday was the six month anniversary of my induction into all of this. It has been a lot longer than that since I found out about "the community" - I read The Game shortly after it came out, and began reading material about a year ago. However, six months ago I decided to join the Boston Lair, and on February 21, I posted my introduction to the forum. Within a week, I started to go out at night for cold approaches.

Since then, I have gone out consistently, averaging about four nights a week, week after week. When I think about it, I've probably done about 1000 approaches in that time. I won't say that all of those interactions have all gone well, but most of them have taught me something new. The results have included a few dozen numbers, a bunch of club makeouts, a few dates, and a couple of lays.

To be honest, I haven't yet had the success that I want. However, when I think back upon it, I wouldn't trade what I've had so far for greater success. I think that a long, hard road makes you stronger than a short easy one. Some guys talk about "the pain period," but I feel like I really understand this. When I look back six months from now, hopefully I will be stronger than I am today.

I have learned a lot about social interactions to say the least - I'm not going to write a single monster post about everything that I've learned. If you read my blog, you can get an idea of the road I've traveled. If you have any new or interesting thoughts, please let me know. I still feel like I haven't figured it out well enough to see "The Matrix" - maybe when I do that, I'll be able to sum it up into a few sentences. But, for now, I'll leave it where it is, and say that it is what it is.

Pushing Interactions
One of my realizations last night was that I don't push interactions far enough. Entropy wrote a pretty good blog post about this, but the theme really hit home in the past few days. I open sets, and lately I've been bowing out when the going gets tough. If the girls ignore me for a second, or the going gets tough, I eject. Last night, my wing and I ejected from a number of decent sets that were logistically difficult. I've been working on strengthening my game by adding some more high-octane material, which should make it easier to hook sets and stay in for longer. Now that I'm doing this, I need to push every interaction to the limit.

Action Plan
So here's my action plan: I'm going to push every interaction as far as possible. This includes:

Plowing
From now on, I'm going to remain in-set until I know that the interaction is hopeless. That includes being asked to leave (more than once) or actively ignored. If a girl has a boyfriend, then I will evaluate on a case-by-case basis.

Escalating
When I have an interaction going, I will escalate the interaction as quickly as possible. This involves kino escalation, isolation, and anything else that I can do to make the interaction stronger. In particular, I need to learn to isolate more smoothly and effectively.

Ejecting
No ejecting, even when the interaction is going sour, the logistics get bad, or the friends pull the girl away. If the friends start to do a pull-away, then I will attempt to engage the friends.

Guys who are good at this know how to close. I have gotten good at starting and holding an interaction, but having an interaction is different from pushing it all the way. In order to become successful, I need to push myself out of my comfort zone and to learn to push every interaction to the limit.

No comments: