Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ejectulation Resolution

I think that one of my sticking points is that I eject from sets that are going well. Strangely enough, when a set is going poorly, I have no problem sticking around and basking in chodiness. When a set is going well, however, I don't want to fuck it up. And that's the problem; I get nervous and then eject. Game over. I never see the chick again, and the outcome is the same as if I blew out. Heck, I could probably approach her again on a different night in either case, and would probably start from the same place. As I have said before (possibly) not on this blog), every set is a practice set unless you close. And you never close if you eject. Ok, that's not 100% true - I've pulled the eject digit jack before, but it wasn't a real close (a jack is a time bridge, and nothing more). Maybe I could have had a kiss-close or SNL if I had stuck in the game longer.

So my resolution is that, for the next week, I won't eject from a set. Either I am blown out to the point where they back turn me or are actively ignoring me, or I close. If they leave, then I go for the digit jack. Or, fuck it. I'm going to stay.

None of this "nice to meet you" bullshit. No more of this "I ran a good set but blah blah blah."
I'm a closer.

No comments: