Thursday, June 5, 2008

Apathy

So today after work I went out day gaming at the mall, followed by some night game with a wing. I wasn't feeling 100%, but I soldiered on anyways.

At the mall, our goal was to open 3 sets direct with a reboot opener. None of them went all that well - one I managed to plow on with. I think that the key to opening direct is to start plowing IMMEDIATELY. You can't give the girl a chance to escape (if she wants to leave, that's fine, but a lot of girls won't stick around unless you start talking immediately). Overall, I opened 4 or 5 direct, and another 1 or 2 indirect as warmup.

As an aside, I think that I want to do like ten direct approaches one of these days. In a week, I'm going to give one of my wings $200 at the beginning of a weekend. At the end of the weekend, he will give me back the money if I do 20 direct approaches over the course of the following two days. If not, all of the money is his.

I then went out to some bars for night game. I kept opening attractive sets and hooking fairly well, but I lost interest as soon as there was a distraction. I was really tired, and just didn't feel 100%. Decided to call it a night. My wing was cool with that - he's super awesome.

Oh yeah - we opened some sets at Mickey Ds. I'm going to write a FR on that for the contest.

I think that going out so much makes it harder to stay focused. I really like going out and pushing myself ultra hard - it is difficult to do that when you go out all the time. I might cut back to five days a week when I get through day 21 (today is day 15).

No comments: