Sunday, June 8, 2008

Choding Out

So I am visiting my family in Baltimore, and headed out to DC last night to see a friend. We went to a bar to go to an Indian Birthday Party (meaning that everyone there was Indian). It was actually for a friend of a friend of a friend, so neither I nor the friend I came with actually knew anyone. I talked to some of the people there, but it felt pretty strange being the only white guys at the party. Although Indians seem to like Jews, so we had some cred.

In the end, I pretty much choded out. I did one cold approach at the bar, just so that I could feel better about myself. I approached a large mixed set, and talked to a girl who was wearing red (and therefore caught my eye). She wasn't terribly friendly, but it could also have been that I wasn't warmed up (she also had a boyfriend).

There really weren't many people to approach (there were a lot of 1:1 mixed sets), so I slunk back to the social circle group. The Indian girl I had been talking immediately before that was impressed - we had been talking about who at the bar might be right for me, and I used that as an excuse to push myself into an approach. I think that the Indian girl liked me, but I didn't find her terribly attractive. The logistics were also bad. I think that something could have happened if I had isolated her from the group. We stuck around until the bar closed at 2, then went home.

I had been hoping to go out to some bars in Adams Morgan, but that didn't happen. There's always next time.

No comments: